Skip to main content

My Dream....

Everyone in this world has some or the other dream or aspiration and each wishes to fulfil them. The world is full of dreamers. To have a dream is a good thing - without a dream, there is nothing to accomplish. A vision and action can achieve even the impossible.
Writing has always been my escape. When I write, I am locked out from the entire world. It is as though I enter a completely different world, one which is fully my own. It is amazing how writers can transform caffeine into words, thoughts into tales. My stories and articles may seem a bit different to some, but this does not bother me. For my pieces of writing are filled with my imagination, and the world of imagination is very vast! One can can create almost anything, and as long as it is interesting, people will fall for it.
I never pictured myself sitting at a desk in an office, where there would be rows and rows of desks identical to mine and at which people who perform the same job day after day are seated. Doesn't it bore them, coming and sitting in the same cabin and doing the same task everyday? No, I always pictured myself at a small table, littered with useless drafts and on which laid an open notebook and me with a pen in my hand, engrossed in thought.
My dream is to write. To pour out all my thoughts, feelings and emotions and convert them into  words which would then form sentences and then ; hopefully transform  into articles and books.Whether I will write as a journalist, a columnist or as a novelist, that I do not know.


Writing an interesting piece is not a piece of cake. But once an idea comes to your mind, then a gushing torrent of others starts flowing in...and you're helpless. You just cannot stop writing and put your pen down.
There is so much fun to be had, so much to discover, so much to explore, so many places to visit and so many charming and interesting people to meet, how can my pen ever run dry?
I can journey the whole world and even the vast cosmos beyond by just writing about them!  Without having to travel long hours! Of course, visiting a place in person is a different experience altogether, but to create a world completely of your own is so much more thrilling! I can explore and discover through my pen! How good is that? It can't get any better, can it?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Colour.

Colour breathes joy and life into every creation, whether ancient or modern. Skin tones progress from palest white and dusky wheat to darkest ebony. In the words of Rupi Kaur – ‘It is a blessing to be The colour of the Earth How often must Flowers confuse me for Home.’ A prism splits light into all of its magnificence. Stained glass windows in high-ceilinged churches make light dance across the polished wooden floor. The sun sets over the horizon and plunges within cerulean seas and oceans. Left in its wake are splashes of colour; crimson, orange and golden, skipping across the waves, cruising along the blue surf. Inky stains bleed across the sky as twilight approaches. The advent of velvety indigo, purple and black symbolize them regaining their nightly territory and thus ensues a clash of colour- a real-life watercolour over the ocean. Night tiptoes stealthily and the crescent moon glides, her creamy gossamer gown trailing and dipping into the water. It has floate...

Holiday Diaries: BANDHAVGARH! #2 The Journey To An Exotic Forest!

The Diwali vacations were round the corner and I was excited to go on holiday! Though, our school spared not even a week for us to thoroughly enjoy ourselves, we children (and teachers) were still looking forward to this much-needed break from varying degrees of stress in our lives. My family was in the process of finalising a holiday destination and were debating upon whether we should go to Delhi. I; for one, was thrilled! I had been wanting to visit the capital for some time now, so when the topic of vacationing arose, I was the first to pipe up and suggest Delhi. Seeing the various, stunning monuments would have been enjoyable as well as an excellent learning experience! However, much to my disappointment, we collectively agreed to the cancellation due to the terrible pollution (which can already be observed and felt), but which would increase during Diwali. My father told us that he'd booked tickets for our stay in Jabalpur and Bandhavgarh. I'll admit it: when I first h...

When I Contemplate

The camera attempts to capture a moment- a fleeting second in the swirling whirlpools of time. It captures that moment and immortalizes it, framing it in eternity. Days may pass, years and even decades, but that picture will hang on the wall, making you travel back in time involuntarily. Suddenly, you will be thrust back in time and will feel as if you’re actually witnessing that moment all over again, like you did, all those years ago. It is, as if, no time has elapsed between then and now. Perhaps, that feeling is transient, but you cannot deny it.    The camera captures what the mind perceives, what the eye sees. It enables us to hold on to the image formed by the thousands of electric impulses that zoomed from the optic nerve to the brain at that second. But, more often than not, we associate many moments with an emotion. Looking at the vast, all-encompassing cerulean ocean or the towering trees in a forest, I feel an unexplainable calm and peace. I question my existe...